Directions to Minnesota Vinyl and Aluminum
Beginning Friday, Aug. 16
, crews will begin work on the stretch of CH 78 between Highway 169 and Emery Way/Louisville Rd.
CH 78 in both directions will be closed to traffic between Highway 169 and Emery Way/Louisville Rd. through late September
County Highway (CH) 14 closure and detour
Crews continue working on the stretch of CH 14 to the east of Louisville Rd (new frontage road). Both directions of CH 14 in this area will remain closed through Fri, Sept. 13 (see graphic below for closure area).
- The detour route uses CH 69 and Hwy 169 to get around construction.
- Motorists on CH 14 east of the closure area are not be able to access Hwy 169.
- Businesses to the west of the closure area will still have access their property, as well as access to Hwy 169 and Louisville Rd.
Then, beginning on Tue, Sept. 3 through Fri, Sept. 13
, crews will begin work on the stretch of CH 14 between Hwy 169 and Louisville Rd. When this work begins, CH 14 will be closed to traffic from Hwy 169 to just east of Louisville Rd.
(see graphic below for closure area).
- Motorists coming from the north/south should use Hwy 169, CH 69, CH 78 and Louisville Rd. to get around construction
- Motorists coming from the east should use CH 69 to get to Hwy 169.
- Motorists on CH 14 will not be able to access Hwy 169.
- Businesses will still have access off Louisville Rd.
These closures are necessary to begin constructing turn lanes and the center median on CH 14. The full closures allow us to more quickly complete the work. Keeping the road open during this work would prolong CH 14 construction through October. Instead, we anticipate we’ll be able to reopen CH 14 by mid-September.
Other area access updates
- The left turn lane from southbound Hwy 169 to CH 14 is now permanently closed. Motorists will use Red Rock Dr/CH 14 and the new overpass to access the new frontage road system. Please follow the posted signage.
- The 133rd St. access at Highway 169 will temporarily reopen this week for right in/right out traffic until crews can complete the cul-de-sac in this area. We anticipate this work will resume in late Sept./early Oct.
We’re working to update the detour and business signage throughout the project area. On Wed, Aug 28, our crews will be adding generic local business access signs to every detour route sign. Our goal is to catch southbound motorists at the Highway 169/CH 69 interchange and direct them to the new frontage road, or direct people to use Red Rock Dr/CH 14 to Louisville Rd. For a short time, 133rd St. will be another frontage road access point for those on northbound Highway 169.
We appreciate your patience. Please continue to reach out to our project team with questions or comments.
The Highway 169/41/78 Interchange Improvement Project Team